Saturday, November 26, 2011

365 Day 330

one of "those" episodes

First of all, believe me...I know how goofy this sounds. And I know it conjures up images of Richard Dreyfuss in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". But it happened again.

It started to creep in last night...late last night. "Use the Happy Hour tin." I knew I didn't want to use it to collect my change on the kitchen counter anymore but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Then I started to recognize the slightly familiar, slightly pushy sense that was coming along with the "Use the Happy Hour tin" feeling.


Remember those six balls-on-tomato-cages guys? It was that sense...not exactly frantic...but kinda pushy. This afternoon it started to take on the mild urgency of the last time. I decided not to fight it and just see what happens (again).



Here is the Happy Hour tin.















I knew I had to use something as a neck...to hold a head shape...the cottage cheese container I was getting poked about was too small.

















Okay...now what? Nothing. Since I have cleared out most of the excess stuff I had in the giveaway last Sunday I figured I would just start building up a paper ball head.

Didn't feel right.




This is amusing to me because I don't know what the heck this is supposed to be. I kept looking around...and "listening".






I have a lot of former containers that I was using in the studio. They have been set aside in the get-rid-of pile. I always liked this one. It sort of fits.















Oh...and hmmm...it can be positioned in a few different ways...


















Okay. Use the "rounder" part for the back of the head...leave room on the flatter part for a nose shape...I get it.



But not that container.










Ohhhhhhhh oh oh oh...the cottage cheese container.

How is this?
















Nope...lower...position it lower.
















...and tilt the Atomic Fireball container just a smidge and don't totally center the cottage cheese container. Tidy up the masking tape a bit.


Okay. Leave it for now.











Yep...I don't have a clue what it is going to turn into, but that urgency is done...for now.














Right now, to me, he is looking a teensy tiny bit like the "Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future" from Aqua Teen Hunger Force...but I know this guy is going to change...and I am pretty sure that it will not be any kind of bird. But whatEVER it turns out to be, I hope it is not a long-winded story teller.


1 comment:

mim said...

I enjoy seeing your process.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...