Thursday, November 24, 2011

365 Day 328 -- part two

tee hee -- I love it when things come together

When I moved into this house in Northville I finally hung up a hook for my keys by the back door. It has a square with an open side where you can slide in a piece of artwork. The little backing piece of paper and the piece of plastic (that acts like glass for the frame) has been "missing" (aka set aside for safe keeping) for some time now. I also always had trouble working in the square format for some reason. I had meant to make an Animal People collage for it from the beginning but I couldn't get away from the rectangle format and so it just never got done.

Well, just now as I was cleaning up more stuff around the house, I found the backing paper and the plastic square -- and -- I had just been thinking today how I really wanted to put something in that empty space. Funny how things come together!






the keys holder














back to the sketchbook of "automatic drawings"

I found an image that could be easily put into the square and re-sized it, then used carbon paper to transfer the image.









I colored it with a very limited colored pencil set so that I wouldn't fret over the colors. I blended my own olive-y green from "sunburst" + "lichen green". I am happy with it.













yay!



I felt like this rabbit creature was being blown in the wind. It has been pretty windy here lately...it quite often is in my backyard -- I live on a hill.









The wind blows the leaves up to my back door in the little alleyway from my driveway.

Friday Morning Update:
It cracks me up the way the wind totally cleans up the driveway circle and then dumps the leaves right at the door.

Good thing I got this photo this morning...the lawn guys just arrived!
















Anyway...I am very happy that I finally put something inside the picture area of the keys holder. I like that it will be easy to change the artwork (heh, right) from time to time.

4 comments:

Fibra Artysta said...

It looks great - love it! :)

Took said...

Thanks, Lynn!!!

Leann said...

Very cool, I see her as a strange angel.

Woodie said...

love it. very cheerful. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...