Sunday, November 6, 2011

365 Day 310

butcher paper bear

I am feeling really good this morning -- daylight savings time is over! I feel like things are back to "normal" again.

In my old house I used to project images on the walls and enlarge them and draw over the projected image. I loved doing this. I was really stupid and did the lines in black Sharpie markers...you can imagine how difficult it was to cover over those things when I moved...man oh man. I think that there will always be ghost images there...LOL.

Anyway...




I was having my coffee and oatmeal this morning, as usual, and looking at the artwork in the room. This is all that is left of a poster-sized print of a magnificent (to me) bear that is formed from teensy tiny little marks. It's not like there was much else in the original size...maybe an inch more of the shoulders -- it was mostly blank paper all around and especially above the head of the bear. This print survived a fire in my old house. I loved it so much I couldn't stand to throw it out after the smoke-and-water damage so I just cut it down to this size and framed it. (You can still see a small amount of smoke damage at the very top of the picture.)






I have a lot of blank wall space in this room. I had the fireplace closed up and I want to do some sort of mural on that wall. I can draw something I suppose and use the projector again...the only problem is that I can't stand on a ladder anymore.

I had a brainstorm this morning. I have a roll of butcher paper that I use for everything -- I just love it. How about if I put some on the wall and draw/etc. on THAT??? I can keep changing the images whenever I want to and I don't have to commit to a permanent mark on the wall. The paper is pretty much the same shade of white as the walls, so you can't really notice it. Plus, most of the walls in that room are this icky painted over cheap paneling and this will help to cover it up. Yay!


I am not very confident with my drawing "skills" (as you may remember). I think doing this may help in that department. I can keep practicing and re-doing things.





Well...not too bad for a quick first try!

Twink was very interested in this project. I had to give him his own small sheet of butcher paper. He seems to enjoy it and is pretty occupied with it...for now. Another good part of this idea -- if it gets cat chewed or anything I can just do another drawing...or replace just the damaged part.












I think for this version I want the bear to be jumping up a little bit off the ground...mid-jump.















I am quite pleased with how this turned out (so far).

I can practice filling in the little marks a little at a time.

Cool.

8 comments:

K said...

I absolutely LOVE the image of the bear hanging with his head in a frame! It looks fab! I so want to do this in my house now x

Took said...

COOL -- I want to see pics of what YOU do!

miss_peggy_artist said...

Took you crack me up . . . especially about the sharpie bleeds . . . LOVE THE BEAR "mural" . . . reminds me of a painting I did that extended around the sides of a canvas I had planned to extend into a mural but I never did . . . maybe I will still . . . (I'll post the painting on FB)

Took said...

Thanks, Peggy. I just saw the photo of the painting on FB -- lovely!

Woodie said...

LOVE this!

Took said...

Thank you, Woodie!

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Just love how you extended the bear framed image!

Took said...

Thanks, Ingrid!

When I start filling it in I am going to take my time and try to match the marks that are on the bear's head. That will be quite a challenge for me...LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...