Yes, I have been avoiding this for five days now. I need to figure out how to be able to use the fabulous little pink shoes without totally wrecking them and have the whole shebang resemble something like a foot/leg. Where to start? How??? Cripes...I really set myself up a lot, don't I?
Even though this just happened, I don't remember every little detail so I will just show the photos and hope I can recall what was going on...LOL.
|Okay...when I first started looking at the shoes tonight I found I could pull the insole out. I had the idea to try to build up the foot directly on the insole since it (presumably) already fits.|
|I used Scott Rags and masking tape and ended up having to trim the sides a bit.|
|I trimmed it a little more and the insole fit better...I will need to build a heel, too.|
|But first -- I needed to drill a pilot hole for the screw in the much later stages.|
|Yes, I suppose I am a bit delusional, thinking this is going to save the shoe from the plaster cloth.|
|Okay -- so I put a few layers of plaster cloth on the front of the foot.|
|Here is how the bottom of the insole looks...this is why it doesn't want to slide in easily, but I need that plaster cloth there.|
|I couldn't find my skewers (to keep the pilot hole) but I devised this instead. I want the foot/shoe/thing to dry flat.|
|The front part doesn't look too bad -- I am very surprised and happy (so far).|
|I had to really push the leg into the bunched up insole, but look -- it kind of/sort of makes it look like a heel.|
|Well...it is filled in anyway. I doubt it will stay this way when it dries.|
|I think I am going to need to cut off this part of the insole and just build the rest of the foot around the leg and right into the shoe. We'll see what happens when the insole dries all the way.|