Tuesday, July 16, 2013

365/2013 - Day 197

starting to shape up a bit

Earlier this afternoon I did some of the printing for the current batch of Tookies finger puppets for Art-o-mat.  I forgot (already) that I need to do a couple of photos of the new Tookies for the label, placard, and for the website...gah.

This evening I knew I needed to get back into the wet plaster cloth studio and do some work on the long horns-guy and the rabbit-guy.  I was really dreading it but it needed to be done. 

This is more what I wanted...a definite mouth for later when I paper over it.  It will still keep changing a bit as the paper gets layered on and again when it gets painted.  The  nose is still there, it is just hard to see it in this light...I can still feel it when I slide my hands over his face.
Another view...but also to show the rabbit-guy because I forgot to take a "before" photo of him...but you can go back farther in the blog if you want to look at him.
I'm actually pretty happy with this -- this is more what I had in mind.
He almost looks like a kangaroo-guy in this view.
AND I decided to try to pop those taxidermy eyes into place.  I had to build up a bit underneath them to "aim" them -- I think they look pretty good right now.  I will need to work on his face some more.  He may turn out to be a combination cat/rabbit-guy.
Back away from the plaster cloth guys, Took...quit tweaking them for now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...