Friday, May 17, 2013

365/2013 - Day 137

gah -- finally getting down to painting

I managed to avoid actually painting the shelves until today.  I sanded one day.  I test painted a couple of leftover pieces of the shelving another day.  Then I wasted time by second-coating the test pieces to see if I wanted to do two coats in paint or one in gesso and the second in paint.  Yep, yep, yep.  I probably could have been DONE by now if I hadn't stalled and fooled around so much.  I spend so much time in avoiding painting (and sanding) -- it would be so much easier and take much less time if I would just DO these projects instead of overthinking them and bitching about it.  LOL.  

this is the ten shelves with one coat all the way around, top and bottom and sides -- I am aiming to force myself to do at least one second coat tonight -- hopefully both second coats (top and bottom) -- then they can all get lightly sanded tomorrow

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...