Thursday, February 28, 2013

365/2013 - Day 59

I need just one more thing for the upcoming show

I need a way to display the stuffed spikey creature.  I think I figured it out -- I will use a tomato cage -- but I need to embellish (or at least decorate) it.  I have several ideas in mind but wrapping the wires with the tape-style yarn that I use for the "hair" on Tookies finger puppets is the first step.

I already have quite a stockpile of the yarn and because it is variegated, I won't need to try to create a "random" look...the yarn is doing it all by itself...yay.


whoa -- this is a LOT more work than I realized!
I am not even going to tell you how long it took to wrap just the first tier 


I think that the yarn will soften the look of the tomato cage's wire.  I like it but I definitely want/need to do more to it besides simply covering up ALL of the wire.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...