Friday, February 1, 2013

365/2013 - Day 32

enough with the gesso-ing

Gah -- I think probably no matter how many coats of gesso I put on the cat-ish king that alcohol ink is just going to keep bleeding through.  It is quite a bit lighter, but it is still there.  I think this is plenty enough gesso...maybe the color bleed-through will be interesting with the real paint.

3rd coat of gesso -- still wet
3rd coat of gesso -- dry
4th coat of gesso on cat-ish king -- dry
Note to self:  never, ever spray alcohol inks onto as a first coat...ever.

Four coats of gesso on the cat-ish king is kinda ridiculous.  The bear-ish guy only needed one to cover the dry plaster cloth.

Yikes -- now I need to start thinking about how I want to paint/color/finish these two.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...