I was pretty wrecked for most of the morning -- yesterday took more out of me than I realized. I almost didn't work on stuff today but I knew I had to if I wanted to keep on schedule. I gave myself until around 11:30 this morning and then I forced myself to get to it. Now I am glad I did.
Even though I only had these two guys left to work on, I knew I was in for another full day.
I figured I was either going to do just a few glass gems on the snake or do a whole lot of them.
Then I took a break for a quick lunch and cold pack on my back. After lunch I felt remarkably refreshed and I knew I needed to dive back in or it wasn't going to get done by my self imposed deadline.
The marsupial guy was started a l-o-n-g time ago and has been many different projects before this incarnation. His base (under all his current stuff) is where I first tried out using the glass gems under the plaster cloth...only I used the large ones. Today I knew I wanted to add more of them, I just wasn't sure where or how many.
As often happens, I got set up to work still not sure what I was going to do. Then he pretty much started making himself (aka my Universal collaborators dropped in).
This time I laid him down flat on the table and laid out the large glass gems. Instead of using small plaster cloth triangles to attach each gem I used one large piece to cover all of them at once. I still needed to do the individual stuff, but it was cool to secure them all in place at once. It seemed to work pretty well.
I wasn't expecting to do anything to his chest but I like it. Painting all of these guys is something I am not looking forward to.
Next up -- while all of the plaster cloth is drying -- I need to finish this guy. He needs a face and to get his head attached...at least. But that won't be happening tonight!