Sunday, February 10, 2013

365/2013 - Day 41

I did it!

I was pretty wrecked for most of the morning -- yesterday took more out of me than I realized.  I almost didn't work on stuff today but I knew I had to if I wanted to keep on schedule.  I gave myself until around 11:30 this morning and then I forced myself to get to it.  Now I am glad I did.

Even though I only had these two guys left to work on, I knew I was in for another full day.


I figured I was either going to do just a few glass gems on the snake or do a whole lot of them.



Then I took a break for a quick lunch and cold pack on my back.  After lunch I felt remarkably refreshed and I knew I needed to dive back in or it wasn't going to get done by my self imposed deadline.

The marsupial guy was started a l-o-n-g time ago and has been many different projects before this incarnation.  His base (under all his current stuff) is where I first tried out using the glass gems under the plaster cloth...only I used the large ones.  Today I knew I wanted to add more of them, I just wasn't sure where or how many.

As often happens, I got set up to work still not sure what I was going to do.  Then he pretty much started making himself (aka my Universal collaborators dropped in).

This time I laid him down flat on the table and laid out the large glass gems.  Instead of using small plaster cloth triangles to attach each gem I used one large piece to cover all of them at once.  I still needed to do the individual stuff, but it was cool to secure them all in place at once.  It seemed to work pretty well.

I worked on his other surfaces with him in the flat position, then I stood him back up to work on his arms and put on some more smaller gems on his chest/neck area.

I wasn't expecting to do anything to his chest but I like it.  Painting all of these guys is something I am not looking forward to.  

Next up -- while all of the plaster cloth is drying -- I need to finish this guy.  He needs a face and to get his head attached...at least.  But that won't be happening tonight!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...