Monday, March 7, 2011

365 Day 66

I did it!

Today my friend Juana and I hand delivered our submission CDs for "Come Play With Me" out to Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Rochester, MI. This is the toy-themed show I have been referring to and it is another "first" for me. PCCA invited Michigan artists to submit original dolls, toys and games for a playful exhibit. Submissions will be juried by PCCA's Exhibition Committee.

Here are my photos -- this is "Chime Cat Visits Cloud City"


















and the accompanying detail shot.


















Chime Cat is 3 feet tall, 14 inches wide and 19 inches deep. It weighs about 30 pounds.

I still need to tweak some of the painting of the cat. Also I want to add clouds to the cart and I have a wooden piece that will serve as a handle for the pull strap. Then I need to seal the whole thing really well.

I am nervous and excited about it. Artist notification takes place between March 14-19. Keep your fingers crossed for Chime Cat!

For the remainder of the evening I will be working on Tookies, adding the flat ribbony yarn to the tops of their heads. I have about 30 to go, then I need to trim up the "hair" on all 100 finger puppets and put them into the boxes and add the acetate/cellophane...then they will be ready to ship to Art-o-mat HQ. I think probably Thursday at the latest...most likely before then. Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...