Today the bases for Baby Beast and He Dreams He is a Tree were dry enough to see how they looked with the guys set down onto them. I am very pleased with them. I think I made the right choices for the papers on both of them. They certainly look more "finished" now.
I cut out a lot of individual pieces of paper to build up a few of the characters in several collages. I found a main image in the green papered collage. I think I know better now what to do with the big papered collage and the square one -- they will be ones I will project images on and either paint or draw or something...now that I can print with my computer again. No photos until I can take a detail shot (but not show the complete collage).
AND...I started sewing the "newfangled" spikes on the large hand sewn guy. I also started his nose so it doesn't look like a beak anymore...still a long, long way to go on this guy...but I am starting to "see" him more plainly. I took his tacked-on head off of his body so I can work with it more easily.
And I think I may have come up with a short artist statement...maybe.