Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16 - working on collages and a hand sewn guy

Today the bases for Baby Beast and He Dreams He is a Tree were dry enough to see how they looked with the guys set down onto them.  I am very pleased with them.  I think I made the right choices for the papers on both of them.  They certainly look more "finished" now.


I cut out a lot of individual pieces of paper to build up a few of the characters in several collages.  I found a main image in the green papered collage.  I think I know better now what to do with the big papered collage and the square one -- they will be ones I will project images on and either paint or draw or something...now that I can print with my computer again.  No photos until I can take a detail shot (but not show the complete collage).

AND...I started sewing the "newfangled" spikes on the large hand sewn guy.  I also started his nose so it doesn't look like a beak anymore...still a long, long way to go on this guy...but I am starting to "see" him more plainly.  I took his tacked-on head off of his body so I can work with it more easily.


And I think I may have come up with a short artist statement...maybe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...