Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 15 -- back to the blog

My computer conked out on me last week...I just got it back today.  Graphics card or something. 

I have been working like crazy to get stuff closer to finished for my upcoming show.  And I made the postcards for the show (which are due to arrive tomorrow).  And I was waiting on a couple of different art supplies orders to arrive -- and they all did.

I know I said I wasn't going to make any more antler/horns (little ones anyway) for a long time but I was feeling pretty stuck on the plaster cloth guys and I saw this branch when I was coming in from outside a few days ago so I used it for a sort of a headpiece for one of the former horses...kinda like a Las Vegas showgirl...but not really.   I also gave him bigger ears.




I have a total of 11 collages to complete and I only have 4 that I don't know what they are yet...and they are at least base-layer papered.  Here is a peak at all of them hanging in various places on walls all over the house...these are the drying positions and not necessarily how they are oriented.  



Tonight I papered both of the bases I needed to do.  One for Baby Beast and one for He Dreams He is a Tree.  Both are very wet in the photos but I think they will look pretty good when they are dry.  Both guys go flush to the base so you won't see any of the wooden dowels and that is why I only papered up the dowels as far as I did...plus, I didn't want to interfere with the fit of the legs onto the dowels...a little too much paper and matte medium make a big difference.

Base for Baby Beast.
Base for He Dreams He is a Tree.
I am so behind on the hand sewing it isn't even funny, but I need to get the things that require drying time done first.  I saw these weird gloves at the grocery store of all places and they were 10 pairs for $10 so I grabbed up 10 pairs.  I think I want to add them to the larger guy as a mane or something.  Maybe I will mix in some of the "regular" spikes...dunno yet.  I would really like to do some sewing tonight but I probably won't get to it...I am in a super amount of pain today and tonight and I just don't think I am going to go back to work tonight once I have taken this last break.  I feel sort of okay until I sit for a bit and then it all starts taking over.


The weird gloves.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...