Tuesday, November 27, 2012

2012/365 - Day 332

Northville Art House stuff, plus sewing the pieced-together-thing

Today I needed to stop at the Northville Art House (thank goodness Joan was working on a non-open day) and restock the Art-o-mat so that I can take some of that art to the LIFT machine in Royal Oak tomorrow.


I actually need to stop back by the Art House tomorrow because I (just now as I am blogging this) found the "missing" art packs I was looking for -- a middle edition of "Penciled In" ... so there will be that one with Juana and me and then the newer one with William Hessian and me.

I will update what is in this machine tomorrow in the blog post.


While I was there I took a quick look in the upper gallery at the Small Works exhibition (cash-and-carry all media juried exhibition...all work is 12"x12" or smaller).

LOOK -- a number of pieces have been sold -- you better get in and grab the art you had your eye on or you may lose out!


And here is an example of one of the many gift baskets -- these are very popular and are FULL of valuable items from Northville merchants.


This one is called Tis the Season.

Each basket has a list of what is inside of it.

Here is what you get in the Tis the Season basket -- yes, a chance at ALL of this stuff -- for a $1 raffle ticket!

The bags are starting to fill up -- better get some tickets!!!


Here is the quick explanation about the Holiday Basket Raffle -- buy your tickets in the Art House Store.

$1 each or 11 for $10.

This raffle is for the benefit of The Northville Art House.

There are also beautiful wreaths and holiday arrangements available. 

The Northville Art House is open Wednesday - Saturday from 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.  Call (248) 344-0497 for information.


Tonight I gathered up all of the parts I have been seaming together for my "sewn-together-piece-of-fabric" experiment...


...and finished sewing them together!



This turned out pretty well so I think I will try one for real.  My sister Sue gave me several more shirts (that change color when they get warm) and I want to make the strips a little wider -- well, at least the seam allowances parts.

 





This one is kind of cool, but it isn't very straight or evenly spaced.  I will keep it for me and keep the experiment going to make a creature with it but I will make other that I pay more attention to detail on.



Now -- back to my book so I can finish reading it tonight and let Sue borrow it tomorrow.  We are going to see Life of Pi for sure early next week...hopefully my niece Devon will be able to join us, too.  Sue wants to read the book before we see the film. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...