Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2012/365 - Day 318

done -- and delivered!

Well, after I posted last night's blog I got back to work on my creature for the Holly Dolly fundraiser.  I took a couple of ten-minute breaks but I basically worked straight through until I finished him -- at 5:30 this morning.



All of the pins are out and the parts are sewn...trying to figure out what exactly to do to the face.


First I tried tacking down the edges of his mouth but I decided he needed a more roundy mouth.


Ooops...nearly forgot to give him ears!  (the blue one is one of his ears.


I attached the arms (and completely over-sewed them to the body...there is NO way these are coming apart!)


I took out the tacking and started over on the mouth.  YES -- this is more what I had in mind for the shape of the muzzle.  I had a draft horse's muzzle in mind...close enough.


Yep -- more roundy...I hope it will keep this shape.


A little farther along with the mouth...this was a really time consuming stitch and really made my fingers sore and tired -- the material(s) are really thick there.


The "ta-daaaaaa" moment at 5:30 a.m.  


Next,  a quick photo shoot with the creature...LOL.


Sometimes he looks to me like a guy in a sleeveless t-shirt.


Awwwwww...


Flat down on his tummy.


Yes -- I am pretty pleased with the way he turned out!


I'm not angry with him, just holding him out straight away from me as far as possible while taking a photo.




Getting ready to leave for Juana's house this morning...get in the bag, you!

Juana and I arrive at the main gallery at Paint Creek Center for the Arts -- in Rochester, MI.


Mary takes Juana's dolls.


Juana's hippie girl doll...Mary liked her a lot.


Detail of Juana's hippie girl's face.


Juana's crab dol -- too wonderful!

Mary takes a look at my guy.


ha ha


Awww...

Juana looking over the dolls that have arrived (so far).

I wanted to show Mary how Spikey folds up to go to sleep.

She might display him this way because it shows his spikes and face pretty well.









This fundraiser takes place on Friday.  I will blog more about it in a day or two.  Right now (and for the rest of the night) I just want to sit and bask in the "that was my last official deadline of this year"-ness.  It really wore me out working so late into the wee hours this morning and then the trip out to Rochester.  I am goofy yawny achy and sleepy.

2 comments:

Ingrid Dijkers said...

Congratulations on getting your last obligation done for the year. I know how good that feels! LOVE your doll .... makes me want to dig through my fabric stash.

Took said...

Thanks, Ingrid!

Yes -- it feels great, doesn't it? Now I will get down to straightening up my studio, doing some rearranging and revisit plaster cloth guys that are in various stages. (That's the plan anyway.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...