Friday, November 9, 2012

2012/365 - Day 314

steady progress on my hand sewn creature

Today I figured out how I wanted to do the hands/fingers/arms for my creature for the Holly Dolly fundraiser auction.

I found the very last bits of orange and white striped gloves and made fingers out of the cut up pieces.

I cut up a tank top (that my sister kindly donated) by folding it twice and cutting all the pieces together (like Suzanne showed me).  Then I drew my pattern on the two parts and now I'm going to pin and seam them.  But I also need to figure out how to attach the fingers...inside or outside...and how long I want the arms to be.

The fingers and arms waiting for the next steps.

This fabric changes color with your body temperature (or sunlight, etc.) -- my sister had a small business selling printed t-shirts, sweatshirts, tank tops, etc. of various horse designs.  This is one of the leftover shirts.

I asked her if she could spare one that changed dramatically and yay -- she had an orange-to-yellow shirt!  It's the color(s) I was hoping for!

I think this will be a pretty cool added feature for my Holly Dolly creation. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...