Sunday, December 21, 2014

Day 355 - 365/2014

Day Three Hundred Fifty-Five

Today has been a day of physical work around my house.  I moved my old over-sized recliner out to the curb and I also broke down an absolute mountain of cardboard boxes to take to the curb for recycling.  It is amazing how draining that is.  While I was working on it, it was kind of exhilarating.  Once I stopped and took a rest, my body caught up with me and I am paying for it now.  I still have one more load of laundry to do and a couple of loads of dishes/pots/pans...but I can spread those out over the rest of the evening.

I can't really work on anything because my hands are swollen and I don't want to push things.  But I did take a look at the new hand sewn guy's head and arms/hands tonight...sadly, the head is too small for the hands/arms -- at least I am not happy with the size difference.  I will use that head for another guy sometime.




But while I was in the basement working on the cardboard boxes I came across a small stash of stuff that my sister couldn't sell -- mostly stuff that needed to be tossed out -- but there were two rolls of fleece horse wraps and I think I might be able to fashion a whole head out of them (and still have some left over).  I am not crazy about purple, but it will be embellished a lot.  Also tonight while I was looking at my other fabrics I came across one of the first spikey things prototypes I made and I think I can take the spikes out of the fabric and use them on the new new hand sewn guy.  I think I might have another go at making paper pattern pieces to come up with a shape for the head. I have a few ideas and I will try them in paper first...but not tonight (probably).






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...