Saturday, December 13, 2014

Day 347 - 365/2014

Day Three Hundred Forty-Seven

A couple of nights ago I tried working on the big blue Biteyou collage/painting, adding in a chalk moon or planet or something.  I've been looking at it for a few days and I am not that happy with it.  Over the late afternoon/evening/night  I thought I would try to make a smaller moon/planet and then blend the chalk off as well as I could. 

When I dipped a small paintbrush directly into the tube of acrylic paint I thought it would be able to trace an outline around a turntable (that was handy) to get a basic shape.  The strange thing that happened (strange to me, anyway) was that the paint came out in two colors when it was applied over the chalk/paper.  I have used that color before and that has never happened.  I tried another brush to do the fill in part but it still acted the same way.  I half like it...at least for now.  Later I tried using a stencil brush to blend in/dust off the sidewalk chalk that I used and it kind of looked like a sort of halo or something around the yellow/green moon/planet/thing.  I tried putting on more of the sidewalk chalk in other areas (but not as heavily) just to even things out a bit.  I will most likely work other paints and papers and who-knows-what over the "stardust" but I will leave it for a few days and see where the ideas go from here.  No rush...no deadline to worry about.


The three main items I was working with (plus a couple of smaller paintbrushes to add the paint),
The unexpected result when I dipped the paintbrush directly into the tube of paint.
Even the second paintbrush got the same effect...I decided to at least fill in the area totally.
The new smaller moon/planet with the chalk still behind it.
Swirling the chalk in/off/around with the stencil brush...lots of chalk dust all over the place.
I added in some more light swipes of sidewalk chalk and then blended them off/around.
Another area.
How it looks overall -- I will look at it for a few days and think of what to try next.
The thing is if I had tried to do a two (or more) color blend on the moon/planet on purpose, I never would have been able to get this result...I mostly like it...but maybe not...dunno.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...