I have been feeling like I wanted to sew something. I was considering trying a new design for Art-o-mat, rather than doing more Tookies finger puppets. I worked on this guy for about four hours. I know, I know...it sure doesn't look like I spent that much time on him, but I did.
After all that time I decided I wasn't that happy with him the way he was and I also decided that it was waaaaay too much work to put into a series of fifty pieces...if it was even accepted. So I set it aside for a little while and then I went back to it.
I didn't just want to toss out four hours of work, so I decided to keep him for me and just keep adding on things until he felt finished. Also, I no longer needed to be concerned with whether he'd fit in the box or how I was going to weight the box for vending, etc. I am not sure he is totally done yet -- he might need some more embellishments...but it is now 11 at night and I am done for today!
|Hmmm...what to do with him now...|
|Spikes and a tail extension, for starters!|
|And I changed his mouth...I kind of like him (so far).|
|The view from the back.|
|Yes, he has his arms stretched out in the "up, please" pose.|