Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 42 - 365/2014

Day Forty-Two

I am a member of the Exhibit Committee at the Northville Art House.  My two main projects for 2014 are assisting on "West of Center" and running/coordinating "Menagerie"...two all-media juried open calls for art.  There is a lot of work to do with both shows (but this is the stuff I LOVE doing the most) and both of the shows will be here before I even realize it.  Much work to stay on top of.

Today involved tweaking/rewriting the Call for Entry form and also first-drafting a juror biography...as well as getting timelines onto a working calendar and figuring out deadline dates for key parts of each show.  Ellen (the Chairperson of the Exhibit Committee) came over this morning and we got a lot of stuff done.  Ellen is the person who also handles the postcards and banners and gets things to the printer.  She is the person in charge of the overall calendar and the Call for Entries forms.  And while she was here we talked over the idea(s) I have for the banner image for Menagerie.  Still a long way to go on that one, but we have more of a concept hammered out.  I feel good that my original first-choice idea "won" over my second-choice.



Tonight I've been working on some more of the Animal People collages.  I want to keep working after I've posted to the blog tonight.




And I have until tomorrow at one (or so) to try to come up with hearts for these two guys before I take them back to the Northville Art House store.  So far they are really resisting getting hearts...this is much tougher than I thought it would be!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...