Friday, April 22, 2011

365 Day 112

new deadline to meet

Having just turned in my submissions for the Meth & Hot Dogs 2 show at LIFT in Royal Oak, I now have a new deadline I want to meet.

The Northville Art House put out a Call for Art for their "West of Center" show. Deadline for entries is next Wednesday, April 27.











Here is the Art House's description of the show:

In a nod to our location as well as our philosophy of bringing the community something that’s different from the usual, “West of Center” is an inspired effort to showcase talented artists, as selected by a highly regarded juror. We plan to keep this eclectic, contemporary event as an annual tradition, so mark your
calendars!
June 3-25

The juror for this show is Northville's own Cedric Tai. Here is a bit about him from his website:
Cedric Tai an artist and educator, was born in Detroit in 1985. He grew up in Northville, Michigan and received his BFA in studio art and teaching certification from Michigan State University. He has a studio practice in the Russell Industrial Center and works as an educator at both the College for Creative Studies, the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit and the Detroit Institute of Arts. He works actively to promote the Detroit arts community through curated shows, and through thedetroiter.com. Cedric was recently named Kresge Artist Fellow in the Visual Arts. One of 18 inaugural fellows selected to receive $25,000 to pursue his creative endeavors in the Detroit metropolitan area.

When I first saw the Call for Art at Facebook, I thought I would make some plaster cloth guys. Now that the flurry of last minute work is over with 'Nipped and The Nice, I know I need a break. I also know (now) that I need to make things because I have an idea for them and then later if they happen to fit a show's theme I can consider entering them. If I try to force something quickly it only ends in disappointment (for me).

SO -- I have been itching to do some more large(r) Animal People collages...larger than Art-o-mat size, that is. I will make 3 collages and submit photos of them. I will figure out the framing of them if they get accepted.

This is going to be FUN! Animal People are my first love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...