Sunday, April 17, 2011

365 Day 107

documenting process (and progress)

This blog keeps me moving forward. It helps me to keep on track, to stay focused and to feel productive because I can look back and see what I've done each day.

But it also functions as a way for me to remember how I did something...what the steps were, in what order I did something, etc.

Today I found that I still needed to add more yellow underneath another layer of orange. Yesterday I was thinking I was ready to move on to the next step(s)...but today it was pretty clear that I needed to go one more layer to build up the colors.

I am a person who likes to work with paper. I love cutting paper images for collages. I enjoy wrapping gifts. There are all kinds of things I do with paper. Today I can say that I am enjoying adding color with layers of tissue paper. Even though in reality there is probably a lot less control over the results, I feel more in control than with paint. I am not comfortable with paint. I don't understand paint(s) and I don't really care for it as a material/supply. I paint because I have to sometimes. I stomp, I pout, I procrastinate, I whine and complain...but I usually end up painting. Accidentally "discovering" that I can add color with paper a few days ago -- today I feel really enthusiastic about it. I don't dread it. I feel like I was led to it. Yay.

I am going on and on about this because I know at some point I will be re-reading this drivel and I will see that I needed to work through all of this and find my true comfort levels and the things I am really truly drawn to. I just basically need to document things for myself.










starting off today with my "tools"...triangles of tissue paper, brush and matte medium














adding a yellow triangle of paper
















every edge, every surface gets touched and smoothed...I like this
















building up the colors -- not very time efficient, but boy oh boy is it ever satisfying (to me)












stepping back to take a look








letting it dry for a bit

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...