Thursday, April 14, 2011

365 Day 102 (catch up post #1)

yep...I really am not a painter



















I am back and working on 'Nipped. I painted his base coat a bright tangerine color.



I wanted to tone the orange down and h
ighlight it with green, but the green dried too quickly and I ended up having to wash 'Nipped with a Dobie scrubber in the shower to get most of the green off (and leave some in the low spots. Yuck.































Then it was waaaaay bright -- almost dayglo!






So I tried to tone it down with a thinned down brown paint. Yuck. What a mess.







Now I am covering it with a layer of paper. I will most likely not leave it like this, but it will be a good base I think. New paint should stick to it and perhaps the layer of paper will help to add a little more durability to the finish. Who knows, I could change my mind again (and again).

This is turning into quite an adventure!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...