yep...I really am not a painter
I am back and working on 'Nipped. I painted his base coat a bright tangerine color.
I wanted to tone the orange down and highlight it with green, but the green dried too quickly and I ended up having to wash 'Nipped with a Dobie scrubber in the shower to get most of the green off (and leave some in the low spots. Yuck.
Then it was waaaaay bright -- almost dayglo!
So I tried to tone it down with a thinned down brown paint. Yuck. What a mess.
Now I am covering it with a layer of paper. I will most likely not leave it like this, but it will be a good base I think. New paint should stick to it and perhaps the layer of paper will help to add a little more durability to the finish. Who knows, I could change my mind again (and again).
This is turning into quite an adventure!