Tuesday, June 29, 2010

finishing up inner cloth mache steps

Well...this is going to take quite a while to dry!

I propped the jaws open with a hanger to get a basic idea of what the head will look like.

I completed the inner jaw and tongue cloth mache and there are a lot of folds that need to dry out. I did this last night and I can still see a lot of very wet glue on the cloth. It is pretty humid here still (although better than the last few days).



I need to keep the hanger in place to get the tongue to dry out and to keep it from sticking to the teef.



























This is an upside down view of the upper jaw -- see all of those folds and wet glue?



















Next step: painting the inside of the jaws and tongue.

2 comments:

Elin said...

It's such fun to watch the progression of this project - thanks for posting!

coastalcutie2000 said...

Did the website I showed you offer any help? Just curious. good luck!! Can't wait to see your finished beast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...