Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day Ninety-Nine


This cat king is a variation of my smooth cat for my series called "Penciled In" for Art-o-mat®.

I tried something different tonight. Instead of outlining everything in black, I used a very dark shade of the main colors to outline with. A really dark purple for the jewels on the crown, a super dark green for the green crown and two shades of very dark blue for the whiskers and mouth and around the nose and cat head and body. I used black for around the eyes and the pupils.

It is hard to tell the difference in the scan, but in person it looks pretty good. I like it.

Oh, and the color on his cheeks and chin is pink, not purple.


1 comment:

Paprika said...

i can totally tell about the outline colors, and it's a really good choice!

xxoo
-babs/paprika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...