Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sketchbook Project materials arrived!


My Art House Co-op "Sketchbook Project" material arrived!

Here is a link for complete information on the project. The sign up deadline isn't until October 31, so you still have plenty of time to join in!

Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country.

The tour will make stops at: Portland, ME...Brooklyn, NY... Chicago, IL...Atlanta, GA...Austin, TX...San Francisco, CA...and Seattle, WA...with more stops to be added later.

After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.

You get to choose a theme and a color for your sketchbook from choices listed at the website. I chose this lovely gray color and the theme "It's raining dogs and cats".

I'm feeling slightly shy/nervous but once I get started I know it will be all kinds of fun. I have a billion ideas!















And how appropriate -- I was taking these photos in the bathroom using the skylight for lighting and when I was done it started to thunder a bit and then the rain came.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...