Thursday, July 22, 2010

re-thinking and re-starting



It took me an entire day and evening to scrape the paint off the teef (not "peel" as was suggested would be happening). Thankfully, the teef still glow in the dark...just not as brightly.

I have decided that I really really reaaaaally dislike the way the paint looks on the inside of the jaws and I believe it is due to the glue+cloth combo. The paint is all crackly and has the feel of vinyl or pleather or something.















I also don't care for the building-with-newspaper-balls technique. I pulled the ears and nostrils off totally -- they were loosened during the teef scraping process anyway. I will go with a different method that I recently re-discovered for a different project...Rigid Wrap plaster cloth.

I believe the plaster cloth is what was used for the large mache sculptures that are in my collection. I find it much more satisfying to work with. I am in no way a sculptor, and this is the most effective means I have found (so far).

More later...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...