Friday, December 31, 2010

The Wondrous William Hessian



His students call him Mr. Billy. His friends and family back home call him Billy. For work and business relationships he is called William. Friends in states other than Minnesota call him Will. This incredibly creative and energetic artist has as at least as many names as he has projects going at any one minute.

I first became aware of
William Hessian through his "Bearded Bunny" series for Art-o-mat. Click here for a sort of intro/update about this series. And here, too.

Then I found his Bearded Bunny Blog. (Do yourself a favor -- subscribe/follow/bookmark this blog. You will not believe all of the imaginative and incredible projects William has created.)

Then I heard about his
Miniature Art Hunts.


Then I found his Etsy store and was able to pick up a number of his delightful "Chubby Creatures"



and a few of his small ceramic sculptures.

Briefly, William Hessian is a visual artist, performance artist, writer, illustrator and teacher currently living in Maine. There is just SO much to say about Mr. Billy -- but I am sure that you would have a better time exploring the links and finding even more of his projects for yourself -- kind of like going on one of his art hunts.

I am not sure exactly what we are going to do, but I am thrilled to say that Billy and I will be doing a collaboration! Stay tuned to both of our blogs.

1 comment:

Woodie said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...