Saturday, August 7, 2010

my DAM box


This is my box for the Detroit Artists Market
"That DAM Box Show Two".

Nearly 300 local artists were given old film reel boxes, donated by Wayne State University Library Systems, to create original works of art.





For my box I made the straps into snakes with papier mache and plaster cloth and affixed them to the box bottom as a base. I call it "He's So Dreamy".

The boxes will be on display -- and the silent auction will begin -- Tuesday, August 10th. The show closes with a Final Bidding Reception on Friday, August 20th from 6-9pm. All auction proceeds benefit the mission and programs of the Detroit Artists Market.

This is the first local "real" art show I have participated in and I am really excited!

I will blog more about the making of the box after the show closes.

1 comment:

Marfi-topia said...

OOH i love this! how exciting for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...