Monday, February 27, 2012

2012/365 - Day 58

unexpected gifty

I was on my way out the door to go to the post office a little bit ago and out of the blue the phone rang -- it was my friend Peggy asking if she could pop over for a minute. (You may remember Peggy as the leader of the "cavalry" that helped me with the painting dilemma on the cat-creature.)


How absolutely perfectly cool!

Peggy had been up at the Northville Art House and was talking with Joan and apparently Joan mentioned something about me looking for ways to get a canvas to stay in a frame I bought at the Art from the Attic art sale for one of my submissions for an upcoming show.




Peggy had just been to Lobby Hobby to get some of these items for her submission to the same show.


Peggy came over and showed me what she got. These offset clips are just the ticket! Peggy is going to use another style that she bought (like the ones that were on the painting/frame I bought but couldn't find right at that moment to show her). And Peggy gifted me with these eight clips.

After talking about stuff it turns out we are both submitting work to the same two shows, so we have the same deadlines. We are going to do our submission drop offs together. Peggy agreed to let me treat her to a cup of coffee for her kindness.

I just need to finish up a few areas on the piece I'm working on and then I will assemble it with my new clips.

THANKS, Peggy!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...