Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012/365 - Day 54

gulp -- painting three guys

Well, it is that time again. Last night was gesso night. Today begins several days of painting plaster cloth guys. I am going to try very hard to not complain and whine. I am also going to keep the photos to a minimum until whatever happens happens.





All three guys are getting a wash of gray paint.











I experimented on this guy first to get up my courage.


















Next was this guy -- I really like how he ended up.
















And then there is this precious guy...I held my breath most of the time.














I am going to work on all three of them at once and keep them all at the same stages of painting and then varnishing. I am hoping that way if I hit on something that "works" or if I accidentally do something that turns out well I may be able to repeat it.

I think I will look for a few other projects to keep me busy while I try not to overthink the painting process. I have no ideas yet for the colors of the two larger pieces. I do have something in mind for the little guy. I am feeling relatively confident that I can do this without calling in the cavalry this time, but they sure helped with the cat-creature! We'll see...I am trying to remember all the things/steps we did before.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...