Saturday, February 11, 2012

2012/365 - Day 42 part two

a planning stages and trying things out kinda morning


The saw and a section of wood were calling me this morning.



















And I still feel mildly hellbent to do something with this guy, but what?

another monster -- with nubby horns to match his bumps?

















and legs?

















no horns, skirt and legs?




















remove a bump to even him out


















Better...this is better...but not quite "it".














Hey -- my sister spied this guy on the "about to toss them out shelf" on Thursday but I've never really been happy with him before...how about him?














Okay...start from scratch.

This is how he looks. He was from the same batch of ten paper tube, papier mache box and wooden plaque guys I made a couple of years ago. I was just starting with the plaster cloth and tried to make him look like he had fluffy wool or something.













I have one more pair of eyes that are painted already...and just the right size.












legs...



















arms...wooden shapes, a block and a ball












Not bad...but I think I like the pill bottle arms better.

I can maybe add to his torso area and also give him hips or something to fill out the area between the bottom of the plaque and the legs.

I am going to leave this for now, go get Ruth and run our errands and maybe come back here and visit with Ruth some more...and be thinking about it throughout the day...maybe get some feedback from Ruth...I will come back to it later tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...