Friday, February 3, 2012

2012/365 - Day 34

whoa -- what a day

I am not at all fond of days like this where you try to piece together what exactly happened during the previous up-all-night/sleep deprivation jags. I apologize in advance, but I am in no shape to go back over this and edit it when I am done...I am just going to write it out and call it a day.

Last night I was in no way sleepy. The night just went on and on. I do know that it was around 5:30 a.m. that I was piecing this guy together. Believe me, it wasn't making a whole lot of sense then either.

This guy was the last guy left on the "save it for later" shelf.

I think I may have been going with the same theme of the cat-ish guy but I don't have a clue what this guy is. I think it will end up with a very long tail, though.

Those are four paper towel tubes with masking tape on them -- I pulled them out of the Studio Snake stash. The two larger pieces of wood were cut from unfinished pine shelves I brought from my old house and didn't use. The smaller shaped piece of hardwood is leftover from my old rubber stamp making days. It was one of the sizes of wood mounts for larger stamps.




This photo looks to be the way I was going to put the pieces together.



















Masking taped and ready for plaster cloth. I do remember thinking that if I went ahead and did the plaster cloth at that moment I'd be just that farther ahead when I went back to work on it again.










It was sometime between 7:00 - 7:30 a.m. when I took this photo of the plaster cloth'd body and legs.












These last two photos are from right now. This is a close up to show (as much as I can) what this guy looks like.

When I originally made it I believe it was a wolf with flames on its head. I made a series ten of these heads (out of papier mache boxes) on cardboard tube necks attached to plaques a couple of years ago. I ended up completely finishing only two of them and lately I have been snatching the others off the save it for later shelf and reworking them.







Here are the plaster cloth'd parts.
















Tonight was the opening reception for the Members Exhibition at the Northville Art House. Obviously, I didn't attend. I planned on going and then the all-nighter happened. I went to bed at around 8:00 a.m. this morning and woke up again at around 1:00 this afternoon. I cannot fully explain how much this sort of thing throws me off. I am such a creature of habit/routine and I really need my routine. Nothing was really "right" all day.

At around 2:30 I still hadn't gotten to my errands yet. I figured I could break them up into "have to today" and "can wait until tomorrow" lists. I realized I was really not up to facing a large group of people and that I wouldn't be able to carry on even brief conversations that would make any kind of sense, so I phoned Ruth and asked if she minded if we went to see the show tomorrow instead when it would be less packed. Luckily, she was fine with that.

But there was still the matter of running the "have to today" errands. I jumped in the shower and then gathered up the essential errands things. When I was driving to my first stop I realized I left the house without my phone, no distance glasses, and I was wearing my pink plastic CVS wearing-around-the house shoes. Cripes. Thank goodness I only had to go inside to two places. Thank goodness also that I live so close to today's errand locations.

I got back home and my sinuses and face were absolutely throbbing -- allergies. I remembered I had worked on this plaster cloth guy so I didn't have to worry about making anything else today. I really needed to take Benadryl but since it was only around 6:00 or so I figured I'd be okay if/when I got the drowsies. I sat down to watch a tv show I recorded earlier and suddenly I was startled awake. 10:30! What day is it? What did I miss? Holy cow...did I blog????

I know I am rambling and I apologize. This is exactly how my day has been -- I am so out of my routine and so messed up by the various loss of time segments. I really hate all-nighters! At least I didn't miss my blogging deadline. Whew.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...