Saturday, June 9, 2012

2012/365 - Day 161

Unryu paper to the rescue (again)

I've used Unryu paper to cover up paint messes before.  Now I am using it to cover up/add another layer to the surface I have been papering for the last three days. (I just tried to look that other paper up...I couldn't find the exact one but it is either a Japanese or Thai paper with inclusions...I will find it eventually.)


So this time it is Unryu paper in forest green doing the rescuing.


LOL -- it almost looked like I had pulled off the other paper after the first piece of Unryu was on.


This paper is very very lightweight and fiber-y.  When it became wet with the matte medium (in this particular application) it became very easy to rip and also almost mushy -- so I had to be extremely aware of the pouncing of the brush when I was laying it down...but I still wanted it to conform to the dips and uneven surface...no air pockets if possible.


This is with just the first piece added.


This is when I was done (for today).



This was after I cleaned up the area and set him back on the desktop.

When he started to dry a little I knew I wanted to go back and smooth out the pounced marks.


There was also this trouble area on his left rear leg.  See how the paper is almost melted and mushy?  


I added a few more teensy pieces of paper and smoothed them on with just my gloved finger and matte medium -- no pouncing with the brush.
  

I really need to stop touching it now and just let it dry all the way. 

I can't wait to see how it looks tomorrow because at this moment it looks pretty good -- the forest green Unryu paper is blending back in with the original remaining paint colors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Took because you are so wonderful I needed to include you and your blog in my nominations for versatile blogger. Check it out here: http://www.inventingtrees.com/2012/06/versatile-blog-award.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...