Friday, June 8, 2012

2012/365 - Day 160

round three of trying out the paper on the beast

I added more sections of paper to the beast.  It is drying nicely, but now I am not so sure how I feel about the overall look of it.  I like the colors.  I like the paper and the inclusions in it.  But now I think that it is looking (to me) like the plain plaster cloth almost.  Whatever happens, I know I am going to have to paint him, too.



How he looked when I started out today.


It kept feeling like the paper needed to be extended further and further...now it looks like he has on a horse blanket/cooler or something.


And then it looked like I should add paper to the top of his head.


I played with the color around his eyes a bit and I like these lines...I wasn't able to repeat them on the other eye...I tried three times...but they kept coming out wide and blotchy.


No matter how he turns out in the very end, I will like him.  I think he is adorable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...