Friday, June 1, 2012

2012/365 - Day 153

Opening Reception for West of Center!

Wow -- what a night!

I have wanted to be in a juried show at Northville Art House even before I moved to Northville.  When I first saw West of Center (four years ago) I really REALLY wanted to be in that show.  Last year I didn't make it...but this year I did.  AND my piece Baby Beast received 3rd place!  

Tom Thewes was the juror and he was just awesome in person.  I am so glad I got to meet him and talk to him for a minute or two -- what a delightful guy.  There is just too much to say about artist Tom Thewes and his work, but here is the most current info:

Here are photos (with my very biased and slanted take on the show).  I deliberately didn't shoot everything so that when people go and see the show in person there will still be wonderful surprises.  (AND my point-and-shoot camera doesn't do very well with all of the glare from the glass in the framed 2-D work.)  You can see the full album at my Facebook page, but here are a few of my favorite shots (my blog...so mostly pics of me here...lol):







June 1 - 24, 2012
West of Center All Media Show

The Northville Art House is proud to present its fourth annual “West of Center,” contemporary art, all media show, juried by Detroit Artist/CEO of ©CPOP Gallery and Executive Director of Contra Projects, Tom Thewes.

“West of Center” is a nod to the Art House’s location, as well as its mission to bring the community something unexpected, edgy and compelling. It's an eclectic, contemporary art exhibit that showcases a wide range of accomplished pieces, including sculpture, acrylics, digital collage/archival prints, assemblages, mixed-media, pastels, oil on canvas, ink stamp, photography, graphite on paper and more.

Forty-four artists from Michigan and out-of-state submitted work for this highly- anticipated, must-see exhibit.  The show runs from June 1 - June 24.



215 W. Cady St  (one block south of Main, two blocks west of Center)
Northville, MI  48167
(248) 344-0497 for information

Hours:
Wednesday - Saturday from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...