Tuesday, July 17, 2012

2012/365 - Day 199

posting early (and quickly) today

It is incredibly hot today.  I am worried about losing the electricity tonight and I wanted to post this while I can.  I am also about to take a dose of Benadryl...enough said.


Today I completed these three yarn ropes.  


I made the rose colored one on the Embellish-Knit! gadget.  It works wonderfully with the sample yarn included in the kit.  I need to look into getting more eventually.  This rope is about 2 and a half feet long.


The green rope was made on the 5-peg end of the spool loom.  It is made from a very small remnant ball that Joan had leftover from something.  It is almost five feet long.  The yarn is really soft and felt good to work with -- it is also very thick and made the rope puffy...that is why it looks bigger than the multicolored rope below it.

That multicolored rope is made with the chartreuse/purple/blue blend of thread-like cotton yarn and was made using the 5-peg end of the spool loom. This rope is a little over 12 feet long and I finished it this morning making the last 4 feet of it.

Next I am going to make a 5-peg rope with the bright red yarn that I made the scarfy thing with.  I may also make another 8-peg rope with the red yarn...I don't know yet.

There are continuous mini "surge" sounds happening today -- fingers crossed we keep the electricity!!!

And on a side note, I became pretty disillusioned with the first cat rescue place and I decided to let them go.  Last night I found another cat rescue with several black cats and I put in an application for two in particular.  I have in mind to only adopt one new cat...but if all goes well -- and the opportunity presents itself -- I may end up with two.  Keep thinking good thoughts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...