Saturday, July 7, 2012

2012/365 - Day 189

I kinda sorta remember how to knit

A friend has a project that I am doing my bit for.  It entails knitting and I found that I kinda sorta remember how to do some very basic knitting.  Cool.

  
This mess is what happens when you think you know what you are doing and decide to try to do something just a bit different while you are at it.

Yeah...that trick never works...LOL

And besides, I had waaaaay too many stitches on the needles.

 This is more like it.  Not too bad for someone who hasn't tried to knit anything since she was about twelve.  Not that I was a great knitter or anything...but I could switch something around and make a different-looking row...but not anymore.

It really doesn't matter for this project, anyway.
Nothing fancy is necessary.
And while I was at Joann Fabrics I wanted to get one of those little gadgets that I had when I was a kid -- it had nails at the top and a wooden base and you did something or some kind of easy steps and got a tube that came out of the bottom of the wooden base.

Well --  I found this instead!  VERY fun, VERY cool and VERY fast and easy.  And it has a handle that you just crank.  No more moving the yarn/thread over the nails and tugging.  It comes with a weight that you have to keep on the end of the rope...it has to stay taut.

I can make a LOT of these -- but I need some lighter yarns.   Oh -- this gadget is called "Embellish-Knit!".


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...