Friday, January 6, 2012

2012/365 - Day 6 part two - Animal People collages part 4

background paper

For this series of 50 Animal People collages for Art-o-mat I am using snippets of sections of butcher paper that I put underneath watercolor color paper sheets when I was making larger Animal People collages for a group show last winter.

I sprayed the watercolor paper with alcohol inks and water and the butcher paper protected my dining room table from the overspray. I really liked the alcohol inks on the butcher paper and I couldn't toss it out when I was done.



I think it works well for the smaller format versions of Animal People. The butcher paper is slightly textured and adds a little "something" to the collages.

The colors are sort of limited, but I like that.









A really cool thing about all of this is that I still have quite a bit more of the alcohol ink butcher paper left, too.

I am sure it will find its way into other projects.















This was my favorite larger format Animal People collage that I made for that group show. This is 8" x 10" (rather than the 2" x 3.25" for Art-o-mat).


This is called "B-I-N-G-O" and it is with its new owner (another artist) in New York.

I made ten collages for that show -- five 8x10 and five 5x7 -- and I only have two of them left.





Here are collages 16-20 (of 50) for this new series for Art-o-mat:

















































2 comments:

Carla said...

omg, I love singer-songwriter dog!!

Took said...

Awww...thanks, Carla!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...