Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 | Day 3

Day Three

It started early this morning, before I was even out of bed.  I started thinking about the plaster cloth rabbit guy.  I was thinking about fixing his eyes...he isn't all that far from done, contstruction-wise, but I have been putting off working on him.  This morning I started to get ideas.  

I did a lot of listening and thinking today.  I looked at a lot of tutorials about sculpting eyes and about air dry clay and about setting in glass eyes.  I really thought at one point late this evening that I would be using the air dry clay...but not yet.  I feel like this is still too large of an area and I am too unfamiliar with the material.  Whatever...the main thing I needed to do tonight was remove those eyes so I can start over with them...they (or at least one of them) is not "aimed" right.

I brought the plaster cloth rabbit guy into Studio A tonight because the lighting is better in here.  Daytime is okay in the other studio.
His eyes are just not "aimed" right.  One might be able to stay...not sure.
My tools for the job.
Lots and lots of wetting of the area to soften up the plaster cloth -- then the very careful digging begins.
Hey -- this stuff pulls right off.   (sometimes)
...a bit more...
...now the other eye...
...more digging and pulling and...
...HA!  I won!  (I think I will try to match the removed eye to the eye that is still in place...I think.)


I have also been holding my breath and "painting" on the tree trunks in the mostly red collage.  I could not even begin to figure out what the lighter color was blended with so I half-started over.  I am not terribly sure this is how they will end up, but I am done with painting for tonight.  Not too bad considering...this is going to take a long, long time.  But that is okay since this collage has been sitting untouched for a couple of years.

The area "before".
Trying to figure out the colors...then just starting over.
Not too bad...for now...but definitely not done.
 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...