Tuesday, April 24, 2012

2012/365 - Day 115

building a marsupial part four

Tonight I worked on the glass bumpy areas on the glider-creature and smoothed on the sides of the pouch.

"We" are still working on the design of the arms and hands.  This prep work needs to be done first, anyway.



This is how the area looked tonight as I got started.


This is a side view of the glass bumps and pouch.

This is one of the old glass bumps that was loosened when I was de-constructing this piece earlier this year.  Tonight I reattached this bump.


These are new glass bumps...the one on the farther left is positioned over the edge/corner of the body...


...I wasn't sure I could get it to stay the way it hovered over that v shape...but it stayed!

I pushed small pieces of wadded up plaster cloth underneath the glass and then quickly smoothed small triangles of plaster cloth over the area and it held.  I am pretty darn happy about that.  The one on the other side of the body worked, too.



This is a close up of the touched-up pouch.


I still have a long way to go with this.  I am now not so sure it will be ready for the EBSQ marsupial show but I am still working towards that.  I have a couple of Animal People collages I can submit to the show, but I'd also really love to have at least a very basic version of this guy to submit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...