Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 168 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Sixty-Eight

Man.  I must say that if nothing else, I am very pleased with myself for actually completing the papering of this frame.  I really figured I would abandon it (like I usually do when trying to "fix" frames) and have to run out very quickly and secure a frame for this piece.  Good for me.

Tonight I added some of the bluish leafy paper from the collage to the inner edge of the frame.  I may have to do some additional touch up of the lighter paper...but we'll see.  I know I will be trying to dull down the color a bit and then spray varnishing it...but I'm getting there!

Ready to get to work.
I needed to cut one straight edge on these pieces so that they'd be neat against the edges where the two papers touch.
But first -- I forgot that I needed to do some touch up/fill in spots.  I wasn't sure how I was going to add the bluish paper when I was doing the first stages.  I knew I wanted to use it, but I wasn't sure where the edge of it would be.
The touch up pieces in place.
The bluish paper added...I think it is going to work.
Dryer, but still wet.
I can not believe I completed the papering of this frame to this point.  I really expected to ditch it.
I am quite pleased so far -- and I am quite happy with the corners.
So now the hard part is not setting the canvas into the frame to test it...I don't want to undo any edges or get the frame stuck to the canvas.  Patience, Took.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...